There can be a lot of contrast during the winter holiday season. Really, any holiday can bring up some of our 'stuff', so with a primary holiday season upon us, Ann and I figured we'd lend a hand about what we've learned about staying on purpose during this time of the year.
Here are the tips and resources for Holidays on Purpose. Books to use as resources
- Hundred Dollar Holiday by Bill McKibben
- Simplify Your Christmas: 100 Ways to Reduce Stress and Recapture the Joy of the Holidays by Elaine St. James
1. Sort out what you really want for the holidays
2. Let family and friends know what you are doing
3. Live within your means to keep yourself from going into debt
4. Stop the "Shoulds"
5. Create a theme for the holidays (such as Making Memories, Hundred Dollar Holiday, etc.)
6. Make your own gifts to bring more meaning to the holiday
7. Cut back on the number of gifts you are giving
8. Compromise in new ways
9. Get creative about everything from gift giving to decorating to how much you will spend
10. Live from LOVE instead of Fear, lack, struggle & not enough